The fate of Brexit is upon us, in which the possibility of a no-deal Brexit is still on the table.
On today’s Government webinar, Rachael Howard of Synergy Technology took note of a 6-point action plan all businesses should take now in case of a no-deal Brexit.
- Go to gov.uk/brexit and sign up for alerts to get personalized guidance
- If you employ EU citizens, you need to signpost them to the EU Settlement Scheme
- You need to check your requirements to operate in the EU/EEA countries
- Check that the professional qualifications are recognized in the EU/EEA country you plan to work in
- You NEED to act now with regard to any personal data. Follow through to find out more about what you need know: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/using-personal-data-after-brexit
- Prepare for new customs and VAT procedures when trading outside of the EU and ensure you have the correct software to facilitate this
On gov.uk/brexit, a wealth of information is available to help you understand Brexit and what to do with your data at the end of the month.