Website Synergy Technology Ltd
Project Manager – Role Profile
Outlined below are the main duties and responsibilities of this key role within Synergy Technology Ltd. This description is not exhaustive and at our discretion, the employee may be asked to undertake duties outside of those noted below. If duties not listed are to become permanent or if the employee is promoted or transferred to another role, then the role description will be amended accordingly or the new appropriate role description issued.
Job Title: Project Manager
Responsible to: Director of Professional Services
KPI’s: On Time Delivery, On Budget, Planned Hours vs Time Spent, Change Request Management, Billable Utilisation, Weekly Reporting
Role Description and Purpose
To co-ordinate internal resource and suppliers to ensure projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget, and most important to a high standard. The role will involve monitoring and managing consultants, developers, support staff and the wider team around projects, and have overall responsibility and be accountable for all actions carried out by the teams in those projects.
The role will report into and take instruction from the Director of Professional Services and Senior Management Team. This is a demanding role, and you must be able to work under pressure and have a proven track record. You will be a self-motivated and dynamic who is able to challenge and influence others, develop and maintain collaborative working relationships across IT and non-IT departments.
- Ensuring that the project delivers the required products to defined standards of quality within agreed cost, time and other constraints.
- Preparation and maintenance of the Project Initiation Document (PID).
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders on a day to day basis.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress.
- Progressing key delivery and budgetary issues, and escalating to Project Board where required.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Organising key product acceptance and sign-off.
- Ensuring overall project adherence to standards
- Identifying and acquiring required resources
- Building and motivating the team
- Executing the plan, monitoring progress and taking the necessary corrective actions
- Reporting progress at the agreed intervals, advising the Project Board immediately if plan tolerance levels are exceeded and, if appropriate, recommending corrective action
- Preparing and reporting to the Project Board through highlight Reports, and attending Project Board meetings as required
- Identifying and managing the project risks, including the development of contingency plans
- Reporting on all risks relevant to the project
- Managing issues; resolving all project issues as they arise, referring those which cannot be resolved, or require a change to the project plan, to the Project Board
- Agreeing the longer term technical and quality strategy with the Project Board
To be successful in this role and to support you with your day-to-day duties you will possess a number of soft skills, these will include: a supportive culture of continuous improvement with the ability to encourage fresh thinking and sharing best practice with peers across the wider business along with
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Empathy, tolerance, patience and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning and organisation.
- Drive and desire to go above and beyond, when required.
- Attention to detail.
- Influencing skills.
- Continual Service Improvement ethos.
- Ability to set and manage priorities.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed.
- Exceptional analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to perform in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must have the ability to clearly report to your Line Manager and to lead communication.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Minimum 5 Years Project Management experience (ideally within the IT sector)
- High level of education
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development
- Strong working knowledge of Project tools and applications such as Microsoft Office •
- PRINCE II & AGILE certification is a plus
- Communication skills – both written and verbal
- Customer Service skills
- Overview of technology terms
- Team leadership
- Problem solving and decision making
- Delegate and motivate.
- Be responsible for your own career development by keeping abreast of technology that may affect our customers or improve our service delivery.
- Identify the areas of the role that require training / development and report them back to your Line Manager for inclusion into your training plan.
- Manage and book in training / development time, record the outcome. At times, training and development will be self-taught.
Process and Procedures
- Adhere to the necessary Synergy Technology processes at all times
- Assist with the improvement of company processes by making recommendations or suggestions that improve quality, reduce cost or reduce time to deliver
- Keep all Support and communication procedures fully up to date at all times
- At all times use the products provided to manage the business, such as CRM, Ticketing System, CRM and system monitoring.
After exhausting possible solutions, escalate where failure to deliver may compromise customer satisfaction to your Line Manager and the company Directors.
- Ensure integrity of client and Synergy Technology systems and security
- Work in the best interest of Synergy Technology ensuring minimal risk or exposure to the business.
- To ensure the lifecycle of each support ticket is managed effectively and in line with business procedures and appropriate SLA
- Work in the spirit of continual service improvement, identifying opportunities for improvement and assisting in their implementation
- Meet to achieve company, function, team and individual KPIs that may be agreed
- To communicate with the customers in a courteous, efficient, effective and professional manner at all times.
- To ensure appropriate communication takes place with customers and key stakeholders at all times.
- To communicate with colleagues in an effective and professional manner at all times
- To use the Support systems that are in place to make sure everything is in order and updated.
- Office based but required to travel from time to time to partner and client offices
Core Hours of work
- 9:00 am – 5:30 pm (7.5 hours per day) One Hour lunch break (preferably between 12:00 and 2pm).
- Extra hours worked will be returned.
- Flexible working hours, with 24 hours’ notice.
- In house dress code is smart casual, no trainers or sportswear.
- On site (Customer Offices) dress code is formal business attire. The only exception to this is if the working environment is not suitable for this type of attire, such as a dirty environment or if lifting or moving of equipment is required.
- In the case of service failures or reduced availability, to be available at short notice to work outside of the above criteria.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.