So the latest series of Game of Thrones and its many faces is over and now we have over a year to wait until we finally see the fate of Westeros, (it could be worse at least we don’t have to wait for George R R Martin to finish the books).
If you haven’t seen the latest series of Game of Thrones, firstly where have you been? Secondly the following article may contain spoilers, so you have been warned.
Throughout the series viewers follow Arya through her journey to become a faceless man and finally in this series we see her using her new found skills, with some disastrous consequences for the Frays (told you there were spoilers). I mean if you could be multiple people why would you chose to be just the one, right?
Well, in the very same way, if you could have an ERP system that allows you to exploit, improve and streamline multiple aspects of your business why would you use a product that does just one thing?
Just like Game of Thrones, to strategically operate your business with the most effective ERP system, here are the many faces of Microsoft Dynamics NAV. In fact you have many faces on many different levels (so think of it as multiple Ayra’s, and these features can be pretty awesome). What’s more, you don’t have to wait a year to see what happens next, Microsoft regularly updates the software and has a continuing development plan to ensure Dynamics NAV is up-to-date and ready to take on any future battles and system challenges on the work front.Learn how you can benefit from adopting a multi-faceted system that will streamline your functions and adapt and grow with your business.
Contact Synergy Technology to discuss your business software requirements.
The Client Faces
Why settle for one way of accessing your system when you can have many? Look at your options:
- The Desktop Face – The original way of access Dynamics NAV is still there and going strong. With Dynamics NAV installed on your work machine you have access with simply a click of a button.
- The Web Face – Don’t you just hate it when your computer has been attacked by the white walkers? (In the form of a spilled coffee). When an attack ensues, you can strategically move camp and access Dynamics NAV on a different machine. Simply enter the URL, your username and password into the internet browser and continue working.
- The Tablet/Phone Face – When traveling to Winterfell to battle the Night King, you’ll need Dynamics NAV on the move. For your logistics and distribution team, and your salesmen on the move, the tablet/phone client allows your team to access your Dynamics NAV system anywhere there is an internet connection.
The Role Centre Faces
I’ve discussed the ways you can access Dynamics NAV, but how do you make sure your users are getting the most out the system? Dynamics NAV comes with multiple role centres that are pre-configured as standard so your users can hit the ground running. These include:
- The Sales Order processor (the John Snow Face) – instant access to sales information, top customers, top products, current orders and invoices. Make sure your sales team can’t say they ‘Know Nothing’ by devising specific role centres that suit the many faces of your team.
- The Bookkeeper (Samwell Tarly Face) – Your finance team needs to know what’s coming in and what’s going out of your business. For the keen strategist in your business, the Bookkeeper role centre in Dynamics NAV gives you instant access to Payables and Receivable information. You need to keep the iron bank reconciled after all.
- The IT Manager (The Tyrion Lannister Face) – With any growing business there is always a constant need to add users to the system. You don’t want to be calling your support partner every time this happens. The IT Manager role centre gives you access to add new users and assign them permissions. Have the power to build and move your team as and when you need to. As they say about all IT Managers, they drink and they know things.
The Add-on Faces
Dynamics NAV has many fantastic features and functionality but there will always be aspects of business that aren’t covered in one product. With Dynamics NAV this isn’t a limitation, there are many Microsoft certified add-ons available for Dynamics NAV, including e-commerce solutions, mobile warehouse management systems and advanced reporting modules so that Dynamics NAV can be tailored specifically to your business.
Dynamics NAV has many faces and many ways to help you streamline your business processes. You would have to be a Mad King sitting on his Iron throne to ignore it, (and we all know what happened to him).
If you want to learn more about the many faces of Dynamics NAV, call me on 0345 456 0050 (ask for Adam) and I’ll be more than happy to come and discuss this with you.