Website Synergy Technology Ltd
Senior Consultant – Role Profile
Outlined below are the main duties and responsibilities of this key role within Synergy Technology Ltd. This description is not exhaustive and at our discretion, the employee may be asked to undertake duties outside of those noted below. If duties not listed are to become permanent or if the employee is promoted or transferred to another role, then the role description will be amended accordingly or the new appropriate role description issued.
Job Title: Senior Business Central Consultant
Responsible to: Line Manager
Salary: £65,000 – £75,000 (companywide bonus scheme in place)
Role Description and Purpose
Our ideal candidate would have proven experience within Business Central, but we would also consider people with experience in similar other roles, as well as both commercial skills around distribution industries, but also understand the change that is well under-way in our industry. Ideally the candidate will have a Finance background, this is a fundamental skill set that is often overlooked despite it being a Finance system at its core. Understanding of development code, standards and ultimately the ability write code would be advantageous. The candidate must be able to lead and/or take part in projects and focus on implementation and delivery of software applications. This would involve the technical specification of new solutions, implementations and the maintenance of existing systems. There would be a requirement to providing functional and domain expertise related to the installation, set-up, customisation, analysis and testing as well as providing training on the product and our suite of ISV and Synergy specific add-ons.
- Manage software implementations or projects from inception to customer sign off.
- Participate in discovery, design, planning, deployment.
- Configure Business Central application for customer environment.
- Ability to utilise and train Customers on BI tools, such as Jet and Power BI
- Consulting – covering all aspects of pre-sale, analysis and Implementation and Support
- Assist in improving business processes.
- Extensive knowledge and functional understanding of the Business Central product range
- You will be self -motivated and driven to exceed excellent Customer satisfaction.
- Good project experience with implementation.
- Migration experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of a customer’s organisation.
- Be responsible for your own career development by keeping abreast of technology that may affect our customers or improve our service.
- Identify the areas of the role that require training / development and report them back to your Line Manager for inclusion into your training plan.
- Manage and book in training / development time, record the outcome. At times, training and development will be self-taught.
Process and Procedures
- Adhere to the necessary Synergy Technology processes at all times.
- Assist with the improvement of company processes by making recommendations or suggestions that improve quality, reduce cost or reduce time to deliver.
- Keep all Support and communication procedures fully up to date at all times.
- At all times use the products provided to manage the business, such as CRM, Ticketing System and system monitoring.
- After exhausting possible solutions, escalate where failure to deliver may compromise customer satisfaction to your Line Manager and the company Directors.
- Ensure integrity of client and Synergy Technology systems and security.
- Work in the best interest of Synergy Technology ensuring minimal risk or exposure to the business.
- Work in the spirit of continual service improvement, identifying opportunities for improvement and assisting in their implementation.
- Meet to achieve company, function, team and individual KPIs that may be agreed.
- To communicate with the customers in a courteous, efficient, effective and professional manner at all times.
- To ensure appropriate communication takes place with customers and key stakeholders at all times.
- To communicate with colleagues in an effective and professional manner at all times.
- To use the Support systems that are in place to make sure everything is in order and updated.
To be successful in this role and to support you with your day-to-day duties you will possess a number of soft skills, these will include: a supportive culture of continuous improvement with the ability to encourage f resh thinking and sharing best practice with peers across the wider business along with:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Empathy, tolerance, patience and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning and organisation.
- Drive and desire to go above and beyond, when required.
- Attention to detail.
- Influencing skills.
- Continual Service Improvement ethos.
- Ability to set and manage priorities.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptionally self -motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Exceptional analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Ability to perform in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must have the ability to clearly report to your Line Manager and to lead communication
Core Technical Knowledge
- Minimum 3 years work experience as an implementation consultant
- Experience working with NAV, Business Central and SQL Server
- Strong experience understanding ERP Processes
- Experience with solution design, documentation, training and analysis
- Well versed in software testing including Unit testing, UAT testing and User Story test ing
- Experience working in the distribution area (namely logistics and Omni channel sales)
- Experience with integration to other applications
- Knowledge of C/AL, ideally with NAV C/AL coding experience & AL
- Excellent understanding of the organisation’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Strong understanding of support and service management principles.
- Office based but required to travel f rom time to time to partner and client offices.
- Core Hours of work
- 9:00 am – 5:30 pm (7.5 hours per day) One Hour lunch break (preferably between 12:00 and 2pm)
- Extra hours worked will be returned.
- Flexible working hours, with 24 hours’ notice.
- In house dress code is smart casual, no trainers or sportswear.
- On site (Customer Offices) dress code is formal business attire. The only exception to this is if the working environment is not suitable for this type of attire, such as a dirty environment or if lif ting or moving of equipment is required.
- In the case of service failures or reduced availability, to be available at short notice to work outside of the above criteria.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.