Over the last couple of months, we have been made aware of the same issue arising between Outlook and SuperOffice for our customers. The issue at hand is the ability to archive emails from Outlook to SuperOffice persistently disables on Outlook, therefore making users unable to archive emails.
Luckily, there is a simple fix to this issue which everyone can do! Here is our quick and handy guide to fixing the mail link issue between your Outlook and SuperOffice.
Step One: Check for Installation of Add-in
To simply check for the ‘SuperOffice Ribbon’ in your Outlook, go to Outlook, File, Options and then Add-ins.
Can you not see a ‘SuperOffice Ribbon’ amongst your add-ins as shown in the screenshot below? This may mean that you need to install the add-in.
Need to know how to install the SuperOffice Ribbon?
Simply follow these steps:
- Go to your Control Panel.
- Look for either SuperOffice Mail Link or something that could be that, for example, ‘SO Mail’
- Uninstall the application if it is older than v11.2.6985
- Go to the following URL and download the latest SuperOffice Mail Link: https://www3.superoffice.com/DownloadService/
- Follow the instructions for installing the application, allowing the application permission to your computer.
- Once done, you may be asked for your username and password to be entered. If so, enter your details. If you do not get asked, then go to the add-ins menu in Outlook and enable it*. It should then appear in Outlook.
*Follow to step three to learn how to enable the add-in.
Step Two: Check for Inactive Add-in
Another reason for the add-in not working is if it is an inactive application. To find out if that is so, go to Outlook File, Options and then Add-ins.
You will see at the bottom of the pop-up Outlook box, there is a ‘Manage’ section with a dropdown menu. Click on the dropdown menu for ‘COM Add-ins’. Then click ‘Go…’
Once you have completed this step, another pop-up Outlook window will appear, in which you then click on the ‘SuperOffice Ribbon’ add-in option. Click ‘Ok’ once finished.
Finally, close and re-open your Outlook to find that the SuperOffice Ribbon add-in now appears.
Step Three: Check for Disabled Add-in
One last check you can conduct is to see if the SuperOffice Ribbon add-in is disabled. To see if it is disabled, you must open the Outlook options box once more via Outlook, File, Options and then Add-ins.
You will see at the bottom of the pop-up Outlook box, there is a ‘Manage’ section with a dropdown menu. Click on the dropdown menu for ‘Disabled Items. Then click ‘Go…’
If your SuperOffice Ribbon add-in is disabled, then you will see the add-in amongst the disabled items pop-up Outlook box. Click on the SuperOffice Ribbon add-in to highlight it, then click the ‘Enable’ button.
Finally, close and re-open your Outlook to enable the add-in.
Are you still experiencing issues with your Outlook?
If you find that you are still having issues with your Outlook and SuperOffice add-in not working correctly, please get in touch with Synergy Technology on 0345 456 0050 and we will assist you to the best of our ability.