The Selection functionality from SuperOffice helps you to segment and create target lists with just a click of a few buttons
Selections in SuperOffice are a powerful tool for finding SuperOffice data, but we find a lot of our clients do not know how useful they are, and only know the real basics, so we’ve put together this guide to help you get the most out of the SuperOffice selection functionality.
What are selections in SuperOffice?
Selections in SuperOffice allow you to create selections of data that you work a lot with and can greatly reduce the time spent searching for records. If you also have a licence for Sale Quote Access, you can create selections of products as well.
There are 3 types of selection in SuperOffice CRM:
This type contains only the members you add individually or by searching. This is a snapshot of the data at the time you make the selection and will not change in the future should members of that selection no longer meet the criteria of the original search.
This type will be updated automatically with data that matches the selection criteria. With a dynamic selection you are re-running the selection criteria every time you open the selection, so the data will update dynamically based on the search criteria each time you do.
This type is a combination of two existing selections. A combined selection is a combination of two existing selections. Both static or dynamic selections can be combined together, or if you choose to combine static and dynamic selections, they can be converted into a static selection.
How are the two selections combined?
These are the options you have to select which entries you want to include in the combined selection:
An Example of a Combined Selection:
Companies and Sales
Create a combined selection of companies/contacts based on two existing selections: “UK Customers” (selection 1) and “Sales made in the last 12 months” (selection 2).
Select the combination type Only in Selection 1. The result will contain UK customers to whom you sold nothing last year.
Save the result as a static selection under the name “UK customers with no sales” and give one of your sales staff responsibility for following up these customers.
There are many examples of different selections you could combine, if you would like to know more, ask your Synergy Technology SuperOffice Account Manager.
Adding Selections as a Favourite
To add a record to favourites, simply click the star icon in the corner of the selection card, the star will turn yellow, which indicates it is now a favourite. This is saved automatically, and you can quickly access the record from the side menu on the right of your SuperOffice interface.
From the Tasks button in the bottom left of the screen, you can perform specific tasks on the members of a selection, e.g. send an email or generate follow-ups to contacts linked to the sales in the selection, or bulk update the members of the selection. This is particularly powerful, as it saves you time in updating multiple records.
Syncing Mailing Lists with Force24
Force24 is a multi-award-winning marketing automation solution that is optimised to integrate with SuperOffice to manage email campaigns and monitor your website activity to track prospects and convert leads faster.
Synergy Technology’s integration between SuperOffice and Force24 allows you to generate selections in SuperOffice using the criteria you want, and then synch these across to Force24 as marketing lists to be used in email and SMS campaigns. Once added, these contacts will remain synced, and records of activity from Force24 are stored on the contact records in SuperOffice.
If you would like to know more about Synergy Technology’s integration with Force24, ask your account manager for more information.
What can I use selections for?
There are many ways you can use selections in SuperOffice, here are just some examples of selections you may use for each entity.
Note: These selections are not limited to these examples, there are many more you can use, but too many to list here.
- Company: In the company section, you can create a selection that contains all the companies in a specific geographical region for your sales team to contact, or all the companies where you have defined interests, such as a newsletter or Christmas card.
- Contact: In contacts can create a selection that contains contacts with a specific job role for marketing campaigns, or all the contacts at a specific company, or again, contacts where you have defined interests.
- Sale: In sales, you could create a selection that contains a list of all your own sales with the status lost or sold, or sales for a particular time frame, such the previous quarter.
- Project: In the project sections you can create a selection that contains all the projects with a specific status or of a specific type, or all active projects that you are participating in.
- Document: You can create a selection that contains all the contracts registered in SuperOffice CRM, or a list of all the documents that do not have the status Completed.
- Follow-up: You can create a selection that contains all follow-ups of a specific status or for a specific customer, or a list of all follow-ups for a customer over a specific time period, like the past year.
- Products: For products, you can create a selection that contains a list of all the products you have sold over a certain time period, such as the past year, or a list of customers who have purchased a specific product or category of product.
- Requests: In requests, you can create a selection that contains open requests with high priority for your department, or a list of open requests that have not been updated for over a week.
- Form submissions: A selection can be created for form submissions that haven’t been processed yet.
- Chat conversations: Users can create a selection for chat conversations that contains chat conversations with a specific rating, or subject.
- Mailings: Selections for mailings can be created that shows mailing with a high bounce rate, or a specific open or click-through rate, for your sales people to follow up.
- Selection: You can even create a selection of selections! An example would be a selection that contains all the selections with a specific category or of a specific type, or all selections owned by you.
Note: All of these are just examples of some of the selections you can create in a for each entity, there are many, many more. In addition to this, in SuperOffice 10, you can add “Or” criteria, which massively expands the power of the selection criteria.
How do I create a dynamic or static selection in SuperOffice CRM?
It’s simple to create a new search and save it as a selection in SuperOffice, you can find out more in the video below:
SuperOffice Training from Synergy Technology
Do you feel like your application software users could benefit from a training session on selections in SuperOffice CRM? The experts at Synergy Technology are on hand now to help.
We can provide training programmes for SuperOffice CRM which can be delivered to both in person to office-based members of staff, or remotely to homeworkers via either Microsoft Teams or Zoom.
Our flexible approach to training ensures we can deliver the same level of teaching whether it is in an online or classroom setting. We work hard to ensure delegates gain the most benefit from each training session.
Find out more here: Need SuperOffice Training in the UK? Synergy Technology Can Help.
Want More Information on SuperOffice Selections?
To learn more about anything in this news article, or to book your training session, please contact the Synergy team today. You can call us on 0345 456 0050 or send us an email via our contact page at any time and we will be delighted to assist you.
Follow us on social media: