Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central 2023 release wave 2 has a number of new features which improve functionality and usability for customers
As most of you will be aware, Microsoft currently releases new capabilities, performance improvements and other updates to Dynamics 365 applications over 2 six-month periods per year, known as “release waves”. Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central 2023 release wave 2 is the second major release of Dynamics 365 Business Central for the year 2023. It includes a number of new features and enhancements, and will start being rolled out for general release from 1 October.
Update Schedule for Dynamics 365 Business Central
Microsoft’s Focus for Release Wave 2
Microsoft’s focus for Dynamics 365 Business Central 2023 release wave 2 is to improve the user experience, enhance integration with Power Platform, and add new features for compliance and reporting. There are a lot of new features, so we’ve split this article into 2 parts. The first part will concentrate on the functionality in Peek View, Browser Tabs, Search in Mobile App, Intercompany Features, and Edit in Excel, while the second will focus on some of the added functionality with CoPilot and the Power Platform.
You can see part 2 of this article here:
You can see our recent #FindOutMoreFriday video on this subject here: #FindOutMoreFriday: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central 2023 Release Wave 2
New features in Microsoft Dynamics Business Central 2023 Release Wave 2
Peek view is a feature in Dynamics 365 Business Central that allows users to quickly view the details of a record without opening it. In the 2023 release wave 2, there are a few updates to peek view that make it a more powerful and useful tool for users who need to quickly access information about records:
- New fields: There are new fields available in peek view, such as the Status field for sales orders and the Quantity On Hand field for inventory items.
- Filter by date: Users can now filter peek view by date, so they can quickly see the records that were updated or created on a specific date.
- Improved performance: Peek view has been improved to make it faster and more responsive.
Distinguish Browser Tabs
In the 2023 release wave 2 of Dynamics 365 Business Central, there is an update to the Distinguish Browser Tabs feature. This feature makes it easier for users to distinguish between different browser tabs and to quickly switch between them. The updates to this feature include:
- The tab name now reflects the current record, page, or view, no matter how you navigated to that page.
- The tab name has been trimmed of all secondary information, such as the full product branding and the view or edit state of the page.
- The tab name is automatically updated while you navigate within the web client.
Search in Mobile App
There are also updates to the functionality of Search in Mobile App in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central 2023 release wave 2. These updates mean users can now find the records they are looking for more quickly and easily, and the results are more relevant to their needs.
- Improved relevance: The search results are now more relevant to the user’s search terms. This is done by using a combination of factors, such as the user’s past search history, the context of the current screen, and the importance of the records.
- New search filters: There are new search filters available, such as Date, Status, and Customer. This makes it easier for users to find the records they are looking for.
- Ability to search in related tables: Users can now search in related tables, such as the Sales Order Lines table when they are searching in the Sales Orders table. This makes it easier to find related information.
There are updates to Intercompany features in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central 2023 release wave 2. They make it easier to manage intercompany transactions, to get a consolidated view of your financial data, and to improve the performance of intercompany transactions:
- Intercompany and consolidation features now work across environments: This means that you can now use intercompany posting and consolidation across multiple environments, such as development, test, and production. This makes it easier to manage intercompany transactions and to get a consolidated view of your financial data.
- Ability to include intercompany general journals in an approval workflow: This allows you to add an extra layer of control to intercompany transactions. You can now have someone, such as a manager, review intercompany general journals before they are posted. This can help to prevent errors and ensure that intercompany transactions are processed correctly.
- New features for managing intercompany transactions: There are new features for managing intercompany transactions, such as the ability to view a list of all intercompany transactions and to filter the list by date, company, and other criteria. You can also now create a new intercompany transaction directly from the list.
Edit In Excel
Edit In Excel gets some updates to functionality in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central 2023 release wave 2: Overall, these updates make Edit in Excel more powerful and user-friendly. They make it easier to edit data in Excel, to get more accurate results, and to improve the performance of the feature.
- Edit in Excel on item journals and warehouse worksheets: This allows you to edit item journals and warehouse worksheets in Excel. This can be useful for making bulk changes or for working with the data in a more familiar environment.
- Dimensions are included on more pages when using the Edit in Excel feature: This means that you can now see more dimensions when you are editing data in Excel. This can be helpful for understanding the data and for making sure that the changes you make are accurate.
- Increased accuracy of filters when they’re transferred from Business Central to Excel: This means that the filters you apply in Business Central will be more accurately applied when you open the data in Excel. This can help you to save time and to avoid errors.
- Improved reliability and performance of data refresh and publish through the latest OData V4 technology: This means that the data in Excel will be refreshed more reliably and that the publishing process will be more efficient. This can help you to get the most out of the Edit in Excel feature.
- The add-in now supports on-premises deployments that have a dedicated server instance specifically for OData feeds: This means that you can now use the Edit in Excel feature even if you are using an on-premises deployment of Business Central.
Want More information on Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central 2023 Release Wave 2?
Synergy Technology is an official partner of Microsoft and we can offer Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central solutions across the UK. To learn more about anything in this news article, or to book a call with one of our Microsoft Dynamics 365 specialists, please contact the Synergy team today. You can call us on 0345 456 0050 or send us an email via our contact page at any time and we will be delighted to assist you.
Follow us on social media: