Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central 2023 release wave 2 includes a variety of new features that improve user experience
As most of you will be aware, Microsoft currently releases new capabilities, performance improvements and other updates to Dynamics 365 applications over 2 six-month periods per year, known as “release waves”. Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central 2023 release wave 2 is the second major release of Dynamics 365 Business Central for the year 2023. It includes a number of new features and enhancements, and will start being rolled out for general release from 1 October.
Update Schedule for Dynamics 365 Business Central
Microsoft’s Focus for Release Wave 2
Microsoft’s focus for Dynamics 365 Business Central 2023 release wave 2 is to improve the user experience, enhance integration with Power Platform, and add new features for compliance and reporting. There are a lot of new features, so we’ve split this article into 2 parts. The first part concentrated on the functionality in Peek View, Browser Tabs, Search in Mobile App, Intercompany Features, and Edit in Excel, while this part we will focus on some of the added functionality with CoPilot, Warehousing, Data, and the Power Platform.
You can read part 1 of this article here: Business Central 2023 Release Wave 2 – What We Know So Far, Part 1 – Synergy Technology
You can see our recent #FindOutMoreFriday video on this subject here: #FindOutMoreFriday: Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central 2023 Release Wave 2
New features in Microsoft Dynamics Business Central 2023 Release Wave 2
Bank Account Reconciliation Enhancements with Copilot
The bank account reconciliation feature in Business Central has been enhanced with Copilot in in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central 2023 release wave 2. They make it easier to reconcile bank statements, to get more accurate results, and to improve the performance of the feature:
- AI-powered transaction matching: Copilot uses artificial intelligence to match transactions from the bank statement with transactions in Business Central. This can help to reduce the time and effort required to reconcile bank statements.
- AI-generated explanations: Copilot can also generate explanations for why it has matched or unmatched transactions. This can help users to understand the rationale behind Copilot’s suggestions and to make informed decisions about how to reconcile their bank statements.
- Ability to review and approve matches: Users can review and approve the matches that Copilot has suggested. This ensures that the reconciliation process is accurate and complete.
Copilot Marketing Text
Marketing text on items has been improved and will now be made generally available. These updates make Copilot Marketing Text a more powerful and user-friendly tool for businesses. They make it easier to create effective marketing text, to get more accurate suggestions, and overall, improve the performance of the feature.
- Support for more languages: Copilot Marketing Text now supports more languages, including French, German, Spanish, and Portuguese. This makes it easier for businesses to use Copilot to create marketing text in their preferred language.
- Improved suggestions: Copilot’s suggestions have been improved to be more accurate and relevant. This means that businesses can be confident that the text Copilot generates will be effective.
- New features: Copilot now includes new features, such as the ability to suggest images and videos to accompany marketing text. This can help businesses to create more engaging and visually appealing marketing materials.
- Improved performance: Copilot’s performance has been improved, so it can generate suggestions more quickly and easily.
Analyse, Group, and Pivot Data
With the update to data handling functionality in Business Central 2023 Release Wave 2, users can analyse data directly in Business Central without the need to open the page in Excel or run a report. These changes make it easier to get insights from your data, improving the performance of the feature, and making it easier to create custom reports.
- New ways to group data: You can now group data by multiple dimensions, such as customer, product, and date. This can help you to get a more detailed view of your data.
- Improved pivot tables: Pivot tables have been improved to make them easier to use and to get more insights from your data. For example, you can now create pivot tables with multiple levels of aggregation.
- New report features: There are new report features, such as the ability to create custom charts and the ability to export reports to Excel.
Improvements to the warehousing functionality in Business Central 2023 Release Wave 2 mean warehouse processes such as picking and replenishment are no longer one-size-fits- all. You can configure your warehouse processes differently to suit your inbound, outbound, and internal workflows.
- Improved availability information: You can now see more detailed availability information for inventory items, such as the quantity on hand, the quantity in transit, and the quantity reserved. This can help you to make better decisions about inventory management.
- Configurable handling levels: You can now configure the handling levels for inbound, outbound, and internal flows. This can help you to optimize your warehouse operations and to improve efficiency.
- New warehouse reports: There are new warehouse reports, such as the Warehouse Inventory Availability Report and the Warehouse Activity Report. These reports can help you to track your inventory levels and to identify areas where you can improve your warehouse operations.
- Useability Improvements: Usability improvements to help make processing faster. Such as creating warehouse employees.
There are updates to the functionality of the Microsoft Power Platform in Release Wave 2, including improvements for Power Apps, Power BI integration and Power Automate:
- New Power Apps templates: There are new Power Apps templates for Dynamics 365 Business Central, such as a template for creating a customer portal and a template for creating a warehouse management app. These templates make it easier to get started with Power Apps and to build custom apps for Dynamics 365 Business Central.
- Improved Power BI integration: The integration between Power BI and Dynamics 365 Business Central has been improved. This makes it easier to create and share dashboards and reports based on data from Dynamics 365 Business Central.
- New Power Virtual Agents capabilities: There are new capabilities for Power Virtual Agents, such as the ability to create agents that can understand natural language and the ability to create agents that can be used in multiple languages. These capabilities make it easier to build chatbots that can interact with customers and employees.
- New Power Automate connectors: There are new connectors for Power Automate, such as the Microsoft Teams connector and the ServiceNow connector. This makes it easier to automate tasks that involve these applications.
Want More information on Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central 2023 Release Wave 2?
Synergy Technology is an official partner of Microsoft and we can offer Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central solutions across the UK. To learn more about anything in this news article, or to book a call with one of our Microsoft Dynamics 365 specialists, please contact the Synergy team today. You can call us on 0345 456 0050 or send us an email via our contact page at any time and we will be delighted to assist you.
Follow us on social media: